If You Don’t Have Car Insurance And It’s The Other Person’s Fault


If I did not have valid car insurance at the time of my car accident but it was the other person’s fault and I am injured, can I still recover?

If you are injured in a car accident that is the fault of another party but you do not have valid car insurance coverage you can still recover. In the state of California, Proposition 213 allows uninsured drivers to recover if they are injured in a car accident, however, they cannot recover damages for pain and suffering. You can still recover completely for any medical treatment, lost wages, or out of pocket costs that result as a consequence of an accident. Even if you did not have insurance at the time of the accident, you should still call an attorney because there is recovery available to you for the injuries and financial losses you sustained.

Leave a Reply